Friday, April 27, 2012

We Have a Kitchen!


We made our weekly pilgrimage to the house and there was so much to see.  This week all vinyl, tile, cabinetry, countertops, trim and railings were installed.  We were also surprised to see that the pillars for the front porch were also done.

Here are some pics in random Blogger order because I'm too tired to mess with moving them around :)



Here are my "What were they thinking" trim pictures
Seriously, did they stutter with the nail gun?

Master bath vanity

The obligatory picture of the gaps between the trim and the wall

Access panel in master closet for soaking tub

My kitchen :)
Love it!
Antique Mascarello with Maple Cognac Cabinets

Where my huge new fridge will go

I guess the counter didn't fit so they shoved it into the wall???

DH caught me pointing to the area at the back of the cabinets
where the flooring was cut too short.  PM has already said
that they will add some shoe molding to fill in the spot.

Kids' vanity


Unstained railings
View from bonus room

Basement bath vanity

Our beautiful stone fireplace
(Buff Ledgestone)

Peninsula view
If you look closely, you can see the ogee edge!

Unpainted pillars
PM was out of town today, so I'm sure he will take care of the trim and countertop issues when he returns.  He has taken all of my concerns very seriously thus far and we will be talking about this on Monday.  Other than the trim issues, we really love how the house is coming along.  The fireplace is unbelievably gorgeous and we couldn't be happier with the way the kitchen is coming together.

Next week will be a bit boring until Friday.  On Monday, the drywallers will be back to do touchups.  Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be painting the doors, trim and walls.  Friday begins the finishing touches: faucets, fixtures, door handles, etc.  I can't wait to go next week to see how much has been completed.  Now, if someone would only come buy my house and someone else come pack for me, life would be grand!

22 comments:

  1. It definitely looks like it is coming along. Just stay away from the person who has the nail gun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious how they will fix the counter if it is actually poking into the wall. Oh I dread the punch-list part of this process. I'm still in the mostly fun part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good so far! I'm sure everything will be cleaned up, sounds like your PM is great (mine is too). One more thing, once you find that person to pack for you send them over to my place so they can pack for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find your home very lovely. I love the exterior and interior! It's beautiful! The kitchen looks great! It all does. Pretty soon you'll be all settled in. I bet you can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trim pics and comments are hilarious. You know what they say, if the first five nails don't do it....add one more.
    The fix for the counter is to trim it. Why not just do it before you screw it down!? Don't let them caulk it away otherwise a future counter will suck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just laughed at the six nails in less than a three inch span. I knew to expect less than perfect trim, but that was ridiculous! However, the rest is not bad. I am interested to see how they fix the counter. Another issue that I didn't post was that there is a half inch gap between the backsplash behind the kitchen sink and the wall but not at either end. Obviously something's not right. We'll see what they come up for that one!

      Delete
  6. The trim pics and comments are hilarious. You know what they say, if the first five nails don't do it....add one more.
    The fix for the counter is to trim it. Why not just do it before you screw it down!? Don't let them caulk it away otherwise a future counter will suck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the maple cognac! We choose maple spice, just a shade lighter. But I'm liking the cognac now seeing a picture of it installed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The advantage to the cognac is that the drawers are full depth as opposed to the maple spice. Also, there is a better protective finish. You might want to check out the Timberlake site for info on the differences. I like the style of the maple spice too, but I really wanted the full depth drawers.

      Delete
  8. Wow! I love your house! It is coming together and looks beautiful! It looks like we're On nearly the exact same schedule. Won't be long now - we've waited for what feels like an eternity! Let the packing begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your house too. We are going to have the same color front door. I can't wait until it is painted. It will make the exterior look so complete!
      We are on about the same schedule! I can't believe we are so close to being done. How are you doing with the packing? We are still trying to sell our house, so I've been doing minimal packing so that I don't have to haul all the boxes to the basement to keep the house looking neat. At this point, I've got to just get it done!

      Delete
  9. i am having Rachel withdrawl. i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too! Maybe we could get together this week during the day? I need some Sarah time :)

      Delete
    2. sure! i don't know when you have free time? i drop Ian at school at 11:30 and pick him up at 2:30. so if week days are weird maybe we can meet for coffee or something on Saturday.

      Delete
  10. I love the color combination in your kitchen! We chose white cabinets for our kids' bathroom also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been so nervous about how it would look so I'm very relieved with how it turned out.

      Delete
  11. I love the color combination in your kitchen! We chose white cabinets for our kids' bathroom also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color combination in your kitchen! We chose white cabinets for our kids' bathroom also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the color combination in your kitchen! We chose white cabinets for our kids' bathroom also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color combination in your kitchen! We chose white cabinets for our kids' bathroom also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your house is turning out beautiful! Thanks for posting pics of the kitchen! We picked the same countertop so it's great to see it installed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia. I think you'll love the counters. They are so pretty! Which cabinets did you choose?

      Delete