Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Roller Coaster of a Day

I got an email from our PM this morning saying that our siding was going to be done today.  DH planned to go out to see it during lunch.  His day was only going to allow him a quick visit, but it's a good thing he went.

As many RH bloggers are aware, the Autumn Beige siding has a peach tint to it that does not appear in the siding sample.  Others were blindsided by this.  We initially chose Autumn Beige, but we decided to see homes with this siding already on because we were afraid of it looking pink.  Once we saw two other Veronas with Autumn Beige, we knew it was not the right color for us.  We went back and did a change order to Stone Mountain Clay.  This was confirmed at our pre-construction meeting.

I'm sure you can guess where I'm going with this.  This is what DH saw when he visited the house today:





Yep, that's Autumn Beige!  I called our PM immediately and he said he would check and call me back.  He confirmed that it was Autumn Beige and that although the other items from that change order made it through, the colors were never updated.  That reminds me that I guess I need to check to see that the shutter and front door colors are updated also.  He said they will tear down the Autumn Beige and put up the Stone Mountain Clay.

So much for being excited about seeing the siding.  At least they are going to make the correction without any argument.

In other news, you can see in the pictures that the garage door and service door have been installed.  Also, the garage floor, basement floor and stoop have been poured.  Just another bump in the road :)

10 comments:

  1. I bet they are very happy that you caught this before they were finished and maybe even had the trim in place! It pays to make frequent visits! The house looks great (even with Autumn Beige). Can't WAIT to see it with the stone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad DH was able to get there today. We haven't been there for a week and a half and although we were going to be there on Thursday for our pre-drywall, I wanted some pics of the siding in progress. This was one of my fears in making a late change is that something would happen. I have sent an email to our PM to find out how long it will take to get the right siding delivered and installed. They really did get a lot done before lunch today. I feel bad for the installers that have to take down all that they just finished doing :(
      I can't wait to see the stone either!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Imagine if they had to take the siding off the entire house!! I'm so glad they can fix it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great catch! Hubby is obsessed with going there everyday, sometimes twice a day. We caught so many things before our predrywall meeting was scheduled that were fixed on the fly while workers were still there, it almost did away with the need for the walkthrough. For future builders, definitely visit as often as your schedule allows --Ericka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could be there every day. I'm an hour away and with gas prices (and three kids to cart around) it's just not possible. DH's work schedule is insane and though he's 20 minutes from the new house, it's in the opposite direction from our current home. So, he tries to sneak out on lunch when he can.

      Delete
  4. We have picked Stone Mountain Clay....What a great color

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good catch. I really like how our SMC turned out, I'm sure you'll like it much more than the Autumn Beige.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, seeing your house in SMC is what made us decide to go with it. We were pretty sure we were going with Sandy Tan and then when you posted pics of your beautiful home, we fell in love with your colors. Ironically, Aspen is the only stone that was not available with SMC in our community! I think it looks great on your home, but we were set on having Bucks County.

      Delete
  6. I was confused at first, bc I read where you said you first went with Autumn Beige then changed your mind. Then I glanced at the pic and though "Well, that looks pink-just like Autumn Beige!" :) After reading the rest of the post, makes sense. Sorry they messed that up-but A+ to you for catching it! The right color will be up before you know it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I chose Autumn Beige for my trim. They started my siding today. Need I say more?? I think I had tears in my eyes. I don't care if I have to pay, it's gotta go!

    ReplyDelete