Our 30 follow-up service was today. There were a few minor touch-ups to be done along with more major issues to correct. Our PM came out to the house last week to inspect the more serious issues to have a plan of attack ready.
1. The master bathtub would creak whenever anyone stepped in it. The plumber filled the tub with water to weigh it down and then sprayed foam insulation through the access panel under the tub. We have to leave the water in for 24 hours and then we'll find out if the foam was successful in supporting the tub.
2. The glass for the master shower enclosure is severely scratched. PM will call the manufacturer and order a new piece of glass.
3. Squeaks in laminate flooring were fixed and creaking the vinyl flooring was fixed. There is still a squeak under the vinyl that will be fixed later as it was just found yesterday and the flooring guy didn't have the proper tools to fix it today.
4. We had creaking all along the main traffic pattern through the family room. We never noticed it until we closed on the house. PM and the handyman determined that the sound was wood related, so they had to open the drywall in the finished basement soffit and screwed the 2x4s and joists which eliminated the sound.
5. We have some window issues. On about half of our windows, the seal on the bottom of the one side has failed. This has caused damage to the window sills. PM said that he knows of another house where 15 windows had to be replaced. He will be submitting a claim to the window company and they will have to replace the windows and the sills.
6. When our stoop was poured, it was still getting cold at night. To protect the concrete, the contractor covered the stoop. The cover apparently moved because it looks like something was dragged through the wet cement. PM had his concrete guys come out and look at it. There is nothing they can do short of removing the stoop. They were going to do that this week, but we were having furniture delivered finally (another post on that will be coming) so it will be done after the 4th.
7. Our shutters on the stone front are not attached so that they lay flat. PM will contact the stone mason.
8. Flashing over the garage door needs to be nailed down and there is a dent a trim piece on the gable over the garage. The siders will be back to fix.
9. Various paint touch-ups were done and the paint on the sides of the fireplace was removed.
10. The edges of many of the interior doors were rough. PM said this has been a complaint from other PMs. Doors were sanded down and the paint touched up.
Our handyman is on crutches due to a broken heel, so our PM actually did some of the work too. I was greatly impressed with how accommodating our PM was with everything that I asked. His answer to everything was "We'll take care of it." Definitely happy with how things are being handled. As much as I wish issues didn't arise, I am please with how they are being resolved.