- The wire shelving is very flimsy. It also has dividers for the hanging part, so you can't just slide everything down the rack. Disappointing!
- I found a clump of drywall mud under the carpet in the study. I had specifically gone to the house the day that they prepped the floors for carpet because I was concerned about all the clumps stuck to the floors. There were still quite a few after they had sanded. I spoke with my PM and he said that he hand scraped them all before carpet went down. Well, he missed at least one. It's about the size of gumball. Don't know what they'll do about that or if it's worth it. It's about a foot from the wall and I could probably put a piece of furniture there. It's just the fact that I had specifically mentioned that room as being particularly bad.
- The paint in the house is still tacky. If you even touch a wall or a door, it leaves a mark. Now that we have a dehumidifier running in the basement, I'm hoping it will dry faster.
- The dishwasher is small and noisy. They didn't even finish putting the spinner arms in place. I did that myself and all of the silverware basket covers and other parts were just put in a drawer. I found those a couple days later.
- The kitchen sink is very small. While it is 8" deep, it's too small to even fit a standard dishpan. The stainless steel is also very rough. I'm hoping in time the grain will wear down and be smoother.
And now, the things I love:
- I really like the range and microwave. I've been using a builder grade range for the past 8.5 years, so I'm loving the upgrade.
- I love the upgraded laminate. Everyone that's walked into the kitchen comments on how much it looks like granite, but it's not cold and hard like granite. The ogee edge is just the icing on the cake.
- The house was actually cleaner than I expected. I've mopped all the hard floors and the water wasn't very dirty. The cabinets had been cleaned out from all the sawdust that was in them.
- I'm so glad we went with the oil rubbed bronze fixtures. That was our last change order and I'm so happy we went for it. They are beautiful!
- It may seem silly, but the garage steps are several inches deeper than our current home which makes it easier to go up and down the steps.
- I love all the space.
We've met several of the neighbors, and they all seem very nice. There are a lot of families, so I'm hopeful that the kids will find friends soon. I would post pics, but we were so busy moving boxes in that we really didn't take many. I will post more pics as we move in.