Monday, February 27, 2012

No Stake For You!

At our pre-con last week, we were told that our lot would be staked by this weekend.  So, since we were out that way on Sunday, we took the kids over to see the house staked.  To our disappointment, it was not done.  The pile of dirt that was on our lot has been moved and the black fence was up, but no stakes.  Our PM confirmed before we left our meeting that excavating would begin this Wednesday.  I hope this doesn't hold things up.  I know other bloggers that are supposed to break ground after us already have stakes :)  As long as it doesn't hold things up, I don't really care.  The disappointment comes because we live an hour away from the new house, so it isn't convenient to just swing by and since we did, I was hoping to see something.

4 comments:

  1. Were at the exact same position but we are staked, however, the next step as I understand it is that Ryan (the finance side) has to now purchase the land from the land developer and then the county has to do an environmental inspection, both items are trivial as it all happens really quick so I wouldnt be worried at all, supposed to be Wed. for us as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our excavation is supposed to begin this Wednesday also. Our PM said the stakes for our lot should go in today or tomorrow so based on that information I think you still have a really good chance for the digging to begin as scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our lot was staked on Weds and we had a nice big hole by Thursday evening. Once they get started they don't waste any time waiting around - there is activity every day with the exception of when concrete is curing. By this time next week you will probably have footers! I remember visiting the construction site as a child when my parents built their current home - so glad you kids get to share your experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's disappointing. I'm sorry. Hang in there! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete