According to our contract, we had 72 hours to decide whether or not to lift the contingency. We took the full time in order to weigh our options, and in the end, decided that though we would be approved for both mortgages, it was a gamble we just weren't willing to take having been burned by that before. I felt bad for taking all that time.
When I called our sales rep last Tuesday to let her know, she told me that she had heard through the grapevine that the person who wanted our lot was unsure what they were doing. The sales rep's manager said they would give this person a deadline of Sunday to determine what they wanted.
Fast forward to yesterday: I emailed our sales rep to find out if a decision had been made. After a week, this person finally decided that they do want our lot. So, we are moving to the lot next door. I don't recall if I mentioned this, but the new lot has a lot premium. Without us even asking, Ryan has waived the fee for us. It was a lot we had originally considered and though it's not our first choice, it's a great lot. It's the last cul-de-sac lot in the plan, so I don't know what we will do if someone comes in and wants it.
Thanks everyone for your support.