Saturday, October 8, 2011

NVR Approval

I called our loan officer yesterday with some questions we had about the upgrades we had made to the house.  We haven't heard from her since we did the loan application.  We weren't too concerned about that since we are contingent and assumed we wouldn't get an approval until we were ready to flip to a sale on our new home.  When asked about the additions we made, she said, "You could have added the West Wing to your house and you still would have been approved."  I said, "We're approved?"  She said, "Yes. You didn't know?"  Turns out, she had a new underwriter in her office that wasn't letting customers know when they were approved.  Our loan officer immediately sent out our approval letter via email.  So relieved to have one more thing checked off the list.  Now, we just have to sell our current house.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! We're waiting to hear regarding our approval as well. You can now breathe a sigh of relief I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats...that's awesome...and you do have time to go back and add the west wing...make sure you read through the entire list of options for your home to make sure you didn't miss something...it is also possible to do custom upgrades as well...if you plan to put ceiling fans in it is well worth the money to get the ceiling fan rough-ins...didn't see any on your list so thought I would throw that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ BD - I have combed over the master selection sheet so many times that I think I have it memorized. It took 3 sheets of change orders to accommodate all of our changes! I guess I forgot to add the rough-ins to my list. We currently have 6 (all bedrooms, bonus room and morning room) and plan to add one for the family room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem and I understand...I think we ended up with 14 change order sheets...maybe even more then that...our first one was 8 or 9 and we had already included a ton of options in the initial sales agreement...we ended up with over 60 change line items and that doesn't even include our flooring selections and Guardian...our PM had fun building our home though...he enjoyed the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me feel so much better! Our SR made it seem like we had a lot of changes (and we did), but at least there's someone out there that did more than us :) There are still more changes that we plan to make. Our SR is gonna love us!

    ReplyDelete