Saturday, October 8, 2011

Current House

Not only did I call NVR yesterday, I also called our realtor.  We have been listed for a month and a half and have had only two showings.  I expected it to take awhile (and our realtor estimate it would be around four months before we had a contract on the house), but now that we have everything set to begin our new house, we are very anxious to start.

We talked about reducing the price.  However, she recommended that we hold out for a couple more weeks.  Apparently, FHA and other government programs just ended their fiscal year September 30.  Preapprovals and other lending related issues are in limbo because the new programs don't roll out until October 15.  So, we're going to wait on the price reduction and hope we get someone in who's already preapproved.

It's very hard to be patient when everything is ready to go for the new house.  It was a little easier to wait when we had selections to make, meetings with Guardian and NVR and change orders to do.  Until then, it's supposed to be a beautiful weekend, so we are going to take advantage of the fact that we have nothing to do on either house today and just have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment