Friday, March 16, 2012

We've Been Framed!

I got a call from our PM this morning.  Framing actually began yesterday afternoon and will be complete next Friday when they will begin the roof.  The roof will be finished the following Monday.   The garage and basement will be poured that Tuesday.

We visited the house tonight with the kids.  They kept walking from room to room and asking which room it was and where their bedrooms would be in relation to that room.  Here are some pics:

Taken from "the spot" yesterday

The spot today


Garage

Dining Room

Foyer

Living Room
(full of windows & our front door)

View from Family Room

Morning Room

View from French Door in Morning Room

View from Morning Room
(Lot extends to the third post on the beige fence)


My Pantry!!!

Family Room (from Kitchen)

Study

From across the cul-de-sac


We loved walking around the house tonight.  It finally seems real!

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to take forever to start, but once it does, time flies!

      Delete
  2. We've been going since 8:30 this morning and it's 1:12am and I just sat down in my new house. When I looked at your pictures it made me realize how fast it went for us. Take tons of pictures. I can't wait to watch your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I can't wait to be at your point (moving in), I am trying to enjoy every bit of the process :)

      Delete
  3. Definitely "real" now!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    (yeah, that's "my" house too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Our groundbreaking started pretty much the same week yet so much more progress are being made on yours. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our home is set to be finished May 23, so perhaps that has something to do with it? Also, there is not a lot of construction in our community as this phase is almost complete. Hopefully, things will start to move along for you soon!

      Delete
  5. Woohoo! Awesome! This is really exciting for everyone! --Ericka

    ReplyDelete
  6. i officially have pantry envy! SO cool to watch your home come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to having a pantry and not having overflowing cabinets stuffed with food. I also can't wait for the older kids to be able to reach their snacks without having to stand on a chair or wait for me to reach them. I'll have to post a couple pictures of them on FB from our visit to the house. They were being so goofy!

      Delete
  7. Looks like they are off to a great start! This week will be even better. Looking forward to seeing it all framed with windows and doors! :)

    ReplyDelete